Call for abstracts
World Buiatrics Congress, Cancún, México 2024
The World Buiatrics Association and the Buiatrics Mexican Association Through the Congress Scientific Committee, is pleased to announce that the Call for Abstracts for the 32nd World Buiatrics Congress, to be held at the CANCUN CENTER in Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico, from 20 to 24 May, 2024, is open and welcomes submissions of abstracts for oral and poster presentation. The invitation is open to veterinarians, animal scientists, animal production engineers, researchers, professors and all those interested in domestic ruminant production.
Modalities: Oral and Poster Presentations.
|Platform for abstracts submission: Platform opens for filling the abstract upload form.
Uploaded abstracts can be modified if they have not been finally submitted.
|June 6th 2023
|Deadline for final submission.
|January 26th, 2024
|Notification of acceptance
|From January 29th, 2024
Scientific areas for abstract submission:
- Infectious diseases
- Parasitic diseases
- Pharmacology and toxicology
- Herd health and production medicine
- Sheep and goats
- Buffalo and camelids
- Public health, food quality and traceability
- Animal behavior and welfare
- Socio-economic aspects of ruminant production
- Sustainability and environmental impact
- Short communications
- Education in ruminant veterinary medicine and production
Instructions for abstract submission:
Abstracts can only be submitted through the online submission form, which can be found in the abstracts section of the official congress website (wbcmexico2024.com).
Important to consider:
- Contact person: this is the person who submits the communication through the platform.
- Presenting Author: this is the person who will attend the congress to present the work and who will appear as oral or poster presenting author in the programme.
Characteristics of abstracts:
- All the abstract must be written in English.
- During submission you must select the appropriate scientific area to ensure a proper review of the abstract. The abstract must be clearly related to the chosen area.
- If abbreviations are used in the abstract they must be defined.
- Do not mention names or commercial brands in the title. However, it is possible to indicate them, in square brackets, in the body of the abstract.
- If absolutely needed, a maximum of five references may be listed in alphabetical order. It is suggested to use bibliographic reference managers (EdNote, Refworks) in APA style.
- The abstract must contain a minimum of 215 words and cannot exceed 700 words. Do not include double spacing between sentences to avoid counting them as words.
- The title and authors should not be included in the abstract section. Appropriate fields will be provided to include this information in the web platform for uploading abstracts.
- Abstracts should be structured as follows:
- Material and methods
- References (if needed)
- Images, figures, charts, tables and graphs are NOT allowed.
- Upon successful upload of the abstract, you will receive a confirmation email. Please include the official Congress email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in your mailing list, in order to receive in your inbox any communication from WBC Mexico 2024 and have full communication.
- It is important to mention that if at the end of the abstract upload, the system does not indicate a reference number, the submission cannotbe considered as valid. If you abandon the process before the end ofthe uploading process all data will be lost. Please contact the scientificcommittee if the contact person does not receive a confirmationemail of receipt after the uploading process has been completed.
- You will be able to modify a previously uploaded abstract up to theend deadline date for final submission by accessing the platformusing the e-mail address of the contact person and the password thatyou will have received in the abstract upload confirmation email.
- Please check your abstract for typing, grammatical or scientific errors. No corrections will be possible after the deadline for final submission.The abstract will be reviewed as submitted, no editorial revisions orcorrections will be made.
- The content and presentation of abstracts are absolutely the responsibility of the authors.
- If you need to withdraw an abstract you must request it indicating the reasons to the following email: email@example.com
Evaluation of the abstracts:
- The evaluation of the abstracts will be carried out taking into account, the potential scientific value, the originality of the work, ethical considerations and correct writing in the English language. Relevance, objectivity, clear description of the work, the relation of the methodology with the objectives, and the congruence between results and conclusions will all be considered.
- The contact author will be notified as of January 29th 2024 if the abstract has been accepted. Notifications will be sent by e-mail to the addresses indicated during abstract submission (contact person and speaker). It is the authors' responsibility to ensure that emails sent from WBC Mexico 2024 reach them correctly. Thus, be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe contact in your mail address list. Together with the notification, if the abstract is accepted, authors will be informed of the date, time and form of presentation.
- In order for the abstract to be published in the conference proceedings, the author and/or presenter must pay the registration fee by March 31st 2024.
All abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentation will be published in the scientific proceedings in digital format, which can be downloaded via the APP and the WBC Mexico 2024 website, (wbcmexico2024.com). Each registered author will be limited to only 3 papers per registration.
Problems during abstract submission:
If you experience any kind of problems or if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the scientific committee via the following email: email@example.com